Lakeland Amputation Attorneys
There are more than two million amputees currently in the United States. Unfortunately, that number is steadily increasing, with approximately 185,000 amputations occurring each year. A traumatic amputation injury can have a devastating impact on your personal life and strain your relationships with your family, friends and co-workers. The amputation attorneys at the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys understand the effects that this type of injury can have on a person, so we work diligently to protect your legal rights removing the burden of dealing with insurance claims adjustors and investigators, allowing you the time to necessary recover both physically and psychologically.
At the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys, our Lakeland amputation attorneys have more than 20-years of experience representing victims of amputation caused by serious accidents, negligence, reckless or careless conduct of people and businesses.
We relentlessly pursue compensation under Florida law for accident victims who have suffered an amputation. If you have questions, call our law firm today or complete a free online case evaluation.
- The Legal Cost?
- Why Bring a Suit?
- Can I Recover?
Table of Contents
- How Our Firm Can Help with Your Amputation Case in Lakeland
- Causes of Amputation Injury in Lakeland
- Frequently Asked Questions That May Help You With Your Amputation Case
- Call The Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys Today for a FREE Consultation
How Our Firm Can Help with Your Amputation Case in Lakeland
Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys will help you seek justice for your amputation in Lakeland.
We may be a fit for your case because:
- We’re familiar with the civil system in Lakeland.
- We make client service a priority, ensuring that you’re informed and attended to throughout your case.
- We have a proven track record of winning cases.
- We will hire experts, employ investigators, and take any other steps that can improve your case—no matter the cost to us.
Whether you suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident on U.S. 98, a medical error at Lakeland Regional, or another type of accident somewhere in the city of Lakeland, our firm will fight for you.
Our Case Results Show a Firm Willing to Fight for Our Clients
The lawyers at Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys do not stop fighting until our clients have received fair compensation. Whether we negotiate a settlement or pursue compensation at trial, we will put all of our resources behind your case.
Our notable case results include:
- $36.7 million: We represented a child who suffered catastrophic injuries in a medical malpractice case. Though the child did not suffer an amputation, they did suffer several permanent health consequences—including cerebral palsy, blindness, and severe physical and mental disabilities.
- $3.57 million: After a prolonged legal fight with a negligent hospital, we won this judgment for a client in Lakeland.
- $2.6 million: We fought for and won this significant recovery for a family who suffered an unexpected and wrongful death. We showed that a nursing and rehabilitation center was negligent and held them accountable.
- $2.3 million: The family of a nursing home abuse victim came to us for help after their loved one passed away. We secured $2.3 million after a week-long trial.
These are just a few examples of the sizable recoveries we’ve negotiated and won for our clients. An amputation case can involve significant damages and may warrant a substantial recovery.
Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys will explore every option to get fair compensation for you. If we need to go to trial in Lakeland, we won’t hesitate.
Causes of Amputation Injury in Lakeland
Losing a limb in an accident caused by the negligence of another accounts for the majority of all amputations nationwide. Studies show that forty-five percent of all amputations are caused by trauma stemming from the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Medical Malpractice
- Boating Accidents
- Work-Related Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Animal Attacks
- Machinery and Equipment
- Electrocution and Electric Shock
- Defective Products
Some accidents cause such severe injuries that gangrene, infection or other complications require surgical removal of a limb to save the life of the injured person. In addition, medical conditions which are misdiagnosed or go untreated can result in surgical amputations.
Damages Recoverable Amputation Cases
The loss of a limb causes more than just physical pain. Amputation can cause severe psychological disorders, including depression, anxiety, grief, denial and suicidal thoughts or feelings. Among the damages recoverable in a Florida lawsuit against the party responsible for causing a person to suffer an amputation include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future income
- Cost of future medical care and prosthetics
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Psychological care and counseling
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
If you have questions about the compensation available to amputation victim, please call our Lakeland office to speak with one of our attorneys today. There in no charge for the consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions That May Help You With Your Amputation Case
We have handled many amputation cases in Lakeland, and we see clients with many common questions. Some of those frequently asked questions are:
Are There Any Characteristics of Lakeland That Pose a High Risk of an Amputation Accident?
With a population of more than 112,000 people, Lakeland continues to grow as more and more Americans flock to sunny Florida.
This growth can be a hazard in itself, as the increasing population density may:
- Increase the number of vehicles on the road, which may increase the number of motor vehicle accidents
- Put greater strain on Lakeland’s medical providers, possibly increasing instances of medical errors.
- Bring more people to Downtown Lakeland and other popular areas of the city, bringing pedestrians and vehicles close by and increasing the risk of pedestrian accidents.
With a growing population may also come new construction, exposing construction workers to on-the-job accidents that can cause amputations. More trucks may bring greater goods and materials to Lakeland, heightening the risk of truck accidents.
Of course, most of these hazards have always existed in Lakeland, a prominent Florida city. However, the great migration to Florida presents new challenges, including greater risks of serious accidents.
What Should You Do After an Amputation Accident in Lakeland?
If you or a loved one has suffered an amputation accident in Lakeland, get medical help as soon as possible. If you have already received a diagnosis for your injuries and a treatment plan that you’re comfortable with, you may hire an attorney next.
By hiring an attorney, you will:
- Learn of your options for seeking compensation
- Ensure that a trained professional is defending your rights
- Focus completely on your recovery and personal well-being, rather than the many challenges that can come with a legal case.
Our attorneys are available around the clock. If you have any questions or want to complete your free consultation, don’t hesitate to contact us.
When we accept an amputation case in Lakeland, we intend to win.
How Should I Choose an Attorney in Lakeland?
When hiring a personal injury attorney for your amputation case in Lakeland, you want to choose wisely. Take your time, conduct research, and ensure that your attorney is the right fit for you.
Some criteria you may consider when searching for a lawyer are:
- Whether the law firm has handled amputation cases before—The Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys has
- Whether the law firm has a track record of winning high-stakes cases—we do
- Whether you are comfortable with a prospective attorney during your free consultation
- Whether the law firm provides clear, reasonable answers to your questions
Hiring the right attorney can be a case-defining decision. Our attorneys and support staff are ready to help you today.
Can I Handle an Amputation Case in Lakeland Without an Attorney?
We advise that you hire a lawyer for a serious legal case like yours. Handling an amputation case without a lawyer may detract from your recovery. If you aren’t a lawyer, then the quality of your case may also suffer.
You can hire our firm at no upfront cost. We’ll only receive a fee if we win your case, so there is no financial risk when you hire us.
Call The Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys Today for a FREE Consultation
An amputation is a life-altering event, and you may have more than your fair share of responsibility right now. Trying to handle a legal case can be detrimental to your health and unwise from a legal perspective, too. You aren’t alone, as our attorneys are ready to fight for a fair financial recovery.
Call The Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Lawyers at (863) 230-8361 or contact us today for your free consultation. We will handle every step of your amputation case in Lakeland. You just focus on your recovery.
The Fernandez Firm – Lakeland
100 S Kentucky Ave #285
Lakeland, Florida, 33801
I was recently injured in an automobile accident. Contacting the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys was the wisest choice I made. They navigated me through the process from beginning to end. The outcome was positive and painless. I appreciate the hard work of your firm and highly recommend anyone else in a similar situation to contact you.