Clearwater Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycles offer an economical means of transportation and a feeling of freedom. For riders who enjoy cruising the scenic shorelines of Clearwater, motorcycles are also much more likely to be involved in accidents resulting in serious injuries and death. Careless mistakes and distracted drivers frequently cause life-altering motorcycle accidents which, in turn, result in devastating personal injuries, high medical expenses, lost earnings, costly physical therapy treatment and other economic losses.
At the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys, our Clearwater motorcycle accident attorneys help accident victims obtain just compensation for the harm done. For nearly 25 years, our attorneys have been representing Clearwater victims of negligence, and their families, obtain the compensation they deserve for the injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes. Over that time, our firm has helped thousands of clients receive more than $90 million in settlements and verdict awards.
If you have legal questions following a motorcycle collision, please contact our Clearwater attorneys today. We are always available to help and your consultation is always free 1-800-222-8163.
Motorcycle Accident Cases We Handle
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Clearwater, you need a team of attorneys who have the trial experience, financial resources and litigation skills necessary to pursue your case. Motorcycle accidents often result in horrific personal injuries and in many cases death. Our attorneys have successfully handled thousands of serious accident claims including:
- Head and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Wrongful Death
Motorcyclists Face Multiple Risks
Motorcyclists are at increased risk for devastating personal injury because, unlike other vehicles, there is no protection surrounding them in a motor vehicle crash. Although wearing a motorcycle helmet is generally required in Florida, there are exceptions to this rule. No matter what the law requires, drivers should watch out for motorcycles and negligent parties should be held accountable if they cause personal injuries or death.
The biggest threat to motorcyclists are other drivers.
- Inexperienced Drivers – They may not be used to driving near motorcyclists.
- Inattentive Drivers – Although motorcyclists may be seen, some drivers may not recognize a cyclist’s presence. This may explain why many vehicles turn left into the path of a motorcyclist who has the right of way.
- Careless Drivers – Given the small size of most motorcycles, a driver may think a motorcycle rider is farther away than it actually is.
- Reckless Drivers – Many drivers do not fully look around their vehicle before changing lanes or making a turn. As a result, what may have caused a minor fender bender with another vehicle has the potential to cause a fatal motorcycle crash.
- Distracted Drivers – A vehicle driver coming to an intersection may not realize that, between his vehicle and the stopped vehicle in front of him, is a motorcycle. The motorcycle may be rear-ended and its driver injured.
- Impaired Drivers – Drivers who threaten everyone because of intoxication, fatigue or dangerous habits are particularly dangerous to motorcyclists.
Commercial vehicles, trucks with large blind spots and drivers in a hurry to get to their destinations are especially dangerous to motorcyclists. A motorcyclist would not stand a chance of avoiding a serious injury or death if involved in an accident with a large heavy truck.
If you have legal questions following a motorcycle collision, please contact our Clearwater office today. We are always available to help and your consultation is always free 1-800-222-8163.
Roadway Risks for Motorcycle Riders in Clearwater
It is not just drivers who pose a danger to motorcyclists. Roadways which are poorly designed, maintained or dimly lit make it difficult for all drivers and may cause serious accidents for those on motorcycles. Wet roads or those slick with spilled oil can cause a lack of traction and loss of control. Construction zones with insufficient warning signs, lighting issues, poor drainage and surface defects may pose unforeseen risks for motorcyclists.
Damages Recoverable for Injured Motorcyclists
If you are a Clearwater motorcyclist injured due to the negligence of another, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Bodily injury
- Pain and suffering
- Mental pain and anguish
- Hospitalization and surgery expenses
- Medical, nursing care and treatment
- Past and future lost earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage to bikes and personal items, including helmets, jackets, gloves, etc
At the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys, our long-standing reputation as dedicated, professional personal injury attorneys speaks for itself. If you have legal questions about your motorcycle accident, please call or email our office for a free case review.
Clearwater Motorcycle Accident – Free Review
If you have questions regarding your Clearwater motorcycle accident case, contact our Clearwater injury attorneys today for a free consultation. Our experienced team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss your legal options and to assist you with complex insurance issues. Upon request, we regularly schedule hospital, home, after-hour and weekend appointments. Call today 1-800-222-8163.
At the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys, we don’t get paid unless we win … and We Want to Win!