Clearwater Slip & Fall Attorneys
A slip and fall can happen at any time whether in a parking lot, while shopping or using a sidewalk or stairway. Frequently, these falls are the result of a dangerous condition and cause serious injuries and long term disabilities. Victims of these accidents may be entitled to compensation for the harm done but Florida law makes bringing a fall down claim difficult. A knowledgeable attorney, with experience in this specialized field of law can dramatically improve your chance of a recovery and the value of your slip and fall case.
The Fernandez Firm has been helping those injured in falls for nearly 25 years. We regularly handle these cases and have obtained more than $90 million in settlement and verdict awards for our injured clients, including those involving premises liability cases (where plaintiffs are injured due to the negligence of businesses and individual property owners). To learn if you are entitled to recover for injuries, contact our Clearwater slip & fall attorneys today at 1-800-222-8163 or simply submit your case for a free online case review.
Experienced Slip & Fall Attorneys Can Help
Premises liability cases can be difficult to prove under Florida law. If the slip and fall attorney you hire is unfamiliar with the applicable laws and loses your case, the premises owner may be entitled to recover their attorney’s fees and costs from you personally. Thus, if you have been injured, you need the help of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys. Year end and year out, our lawyers,regularly litigate slip and fall cases and have recently obtained the following case results:
- $650,000 on behalf of a woman who tripped and fell breaking her right hip on a defective doorway mat at a local grocery store.
- $300,000 for our 59-year-old client who tripped an fell on broken asphalt walkway fracturing her right elbow while attempting to retrieve her daily mail in her mobile home community .
- $275,000 recovery against a local business who negligently installed a stepping-stone walkway causing the significant shoulder injuries sustained by a customers.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries
Most slips and falls do not just happen, often they are caused by the negligence of a property owner who failed to do what should have been done to keep their premises safe. As a result serious injuries happen, long term or life-long disabilities may develop and so much time may be lost at work that the victim may lose a job. Bills for medical treatment and physical rehabilitation may start to pile up, leading to depression and other problems. With the help of our Clearwater slip and fall attorneys, we can quickly investigate your case, get the medical care you need and the compensation you deserve for your losses, injuries and damage.
If you find yourself in this situation you are not alone. According to the National Floor Safety Institute,
- Falls are the leading cause of accidental personal injury in the U.S.
- While there are more than eight million hospital emergency room visits annually, about a million visits each year are due to falls.
- Bone fractures occur in 5% of all people who fall. Hip fractures are the most serious fall-related bone fracture.
- According to The Federal Consumer Product Safety Commission, floors and flooring materials directly contribute to more than two million fall injuries every year.
Florida Law Designed to Keep Public Safe
Under Florida law private property owners and commercial businesses such as restaurants, retail establishments, apartment complexes, hospitals and nursing homes are required to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition to keep the public safe. Property owners must also fix dangerous conditions and warn those invited onto the property of potential dangers.
If you slip, fall and are injured on a liquid, a food product or something temporarily on the floor, sidewalk or parking lot (a transitory foreign substance), in order to have a successful lawsuit under Florida law you must prove the property owner knew or should have known of the dangerous condition and should have taken action to correct it.
Constructive knowledge can often be established by showing:
- The dangerous condition existed long enough that the property owner should have known about it (like a pothole, a broken walkway or defective stairs), or,
- The dangerous condition happened so regularly that it was foreseeable by the property owner.
The attorneys at the Fernandez Firm have litigated slip and fall cases in Clearwater and across the Sunshine State. If a property owner did not make needed repairs, did not post signs warning of potential dangers or failed to inspect and maintain their property and you were injured, our lawyers will work tirelessly help you recover the compensation you deserve.
What Can You Recover?
If you slip or trip and fall sustaining injury in Clearwater, Florida, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the following types of money damages:
- Past and future medical expenses.
- Past and future lost wages and the lost earning ability
- Past and future pain, suffering, mental anguish and the loss of enjoyment of life.
If you have questions about the amount of money damages you may be eligible to receive for your personal injuries after a slip and fall, please contact our law firm today. Our Clearwater slip and fall specialists will be happy to meet with you personally to discuss your case, retain architect, engineers and other experts to complete a full investigation of the incident and explain the damages you should be entitled to recover under Florida law.
Clearwater Slip & Fall – Call Today!
If you have questions about your legal rights to compensation for injuries you have suffered in a slip and fall accident, contact an experienced Clearwater slip and fall attorney at our firm today at 1-800-222-8163. Our dedicated team of professionals is here to provide you with immediate legal assistance 24/7 and the consultation is free.
At the Fernandez Firm, we do not get paid unless we win and We Want to Win!