Clearwater Auto Accident Attorneys
Clearwater is a great place to live and vacation. But, even in paradise, auto accidents occur leaving victims seriously, even fatally, injured. If you or a loved one have been injured or killed in a Clearwater auto accident, get the help you need from the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys. We have nearly 25 years of experience representing accident victims in insurance and legal claims.
The Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys has obtained more than $90 million in verdicts and settlements for those injured in a wide range of accidents, including negligence cases involving auto accidents. Our Clearwater auto accident attorneys and staff help residents and visitors cope with the aftermath of an auto accident. Let us help you recover the compensation you deserve for your personal injuries.
To learn more about the damages you can recover, please feel free to complete a free case evaluation.
Experienced Clearwater Car Accident Lawyers
Over the years, the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys has successfully prosecuted thousands of car accident personal injury claims throughout Florida. Our dedicated team of trial lawyers regularly represents Clearwater residents injured by:
- Auto collisions ranging from minor impacts to fatal crashes;
- Accidents involving semi trucks, tractor trailers and commercial vehicles;
- Motorcycle collisions;
- Rear-end crashes, T-bone and head-on collisions;
- Hit and Runs;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Drunk driving accidents; and
- Accidents caused by distracted driving, texting and drivers not paying attention to the road.
- An $850,000 settlement for a Clearwater woman who suffered a closed head injury in a car accident that resulted in post-concussive syndrome and post-traumatic migraines, as well as a low back disc herniation that required spinal fusion surgery.
- $600,000 for a 49-year-old man who suffered injuries in a car accident, including aggravation of a pre-existing back injury that required spinal fusion surgery and revisionary decompression.
- A $450,000 settlement for the family of a man who was killed as a pedestrian in an accident with a motor vehicle.
- A $274,434 settlement for a client who suffered a cervical and lumbar strain as well as fibromyalgia after a low-impact T-bone crash.
Driver Errors Cause Most Auto Accidents
Whether you are using FL 60, South Myrtle Avenue or a quiet side street, an auto accident can happen at any time. Most car accidents are caused by driver error. Some of the leading causes include:
- Speeding: Speeding was a factor in 27% of vehicle accident deaths in 2016, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). It has been a cause in more than a quarter of vehicle crash deaths since 2007. Travelling faster than the posted speed limit or going too fast for conditions can result in less time to safely respond to other drivers, longer stopping distances and tailgating.
- Distracted Diving: Distracted driving happens when something diverts the driver’s attention from the road. It can be as simple as adjusting the air conditioning, or talking to a passenger to operating an app or texting on your smartphone. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), if you take your eyes off the road for five seconds while travelling 55 mph, you will have travelled the length of a football field without seeing where you are going,. It is estimated 3,450 people were killed by distracted drivers in 2016 and 391,000 were injured in accidents involving distracted drivers in 2015.
- Drowsy Drivers: We often do not get enough sleep, but we do not let that stop us from getting behind the wheel. Many of us work multiple jobs, our children keep us busy all hours of the day and we stay up late on social media or watching the latest Netflix series. Without enough sleep we can be as dangerous as intoxicated drivers. NHTSA estimates that there were at least 824 accident fatalities involving drowsy drivers in 2015. Drowsy driving can be caused by lack of sleep, driving for too long or a side effect of drinking alcohol or using legal or illegal drugs.
- Running Red Lights or Stop Signs: In 2016, an estimated 811 people died in vehicle accidents that involved a driver disregarding a red light. More than half of those killed were pedestrians, bicyclists and those in other vehicles. It is also estimated that 137,000 people were injured in crashes caused by drivers running red lights in 2015. In urban areas drivers ignoring stop lights, stop signs and other traffic controls are the top cause of crashes (22%), according to an IIHS study. Injuries occurred in 39% of these auto accidents.
What Damages Can You Recover?
In Clearwater, car accident victims are entitled to receive compensation for the following types of money damages:
- Medical Expenses – Past and future medical treatment
- Income – Past and future lost wages and lost ability to earn
- Pain & Suffering – Pain, suffering, mental anguish and the loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of Companionship – Loss of consortium of a loved one.
If you have questions about whether you are eligible to file a personal injury claim, contact a Clearwater car accident lawyer at our law firm today. Our lawyers will be happy to meet with you personally to discuss your injury case and explain the compensation you can recover under Florida law.
Don’t Negotiate Your Own Case
If you are involved in an auto accident in Clearwater caused by the negligence of the other driver, retaining the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys can help you obtain full value for your injuries. Those trying to negotiate on their own personal injury settlement with a professional insurance adjuster are at a significant disadvantage. Most rarely know the true value of their case or how to determine what their case is worth.
With years of experience handling thousands of automobile accident cases, we know Florida negligence laws and how insurance companies operate. Our Clearwater lawyers also understand the risks associated with settling a case too early and the dangers and possible jury verdict ranges of taking a case trial. Without the guidance of a well-trained auto accident attorney you may ask an insurance company for far less than the true value of your case. If you undervalue your case, insurance companies will be more than happy to agree to your terms.
Legal Questions? We Can Help!
At the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys, we do not get paid unless we win and we want to win! For nearly 25 years, we have helped auto accident victims obtain the compensation they deserve for their injuries and we can help you too.
If you have questions regarding a personal injury or Clearwater auto accident claim, contact our attorneys today at 1-800-222-8163. Our experienced team of trial lawyers is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss your legal options and the consultation is free.