Tampa Medical Provider Negligence Lawyer
When you seek medical care, you entrust your health and well-being to a provider’s skilled hands. In Tampa, however, some medical providers fail to deliver the expected standard of care, which can harm their patients. These mistakes can even cost lives.
If you or a loved one has suffered due to medical provider negligence, you are not alone and have the right to seek compensation.
Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys is here to work on your behalf. We are a team of experienced Tampa Medical Provider Negligence lawyers who know how to secure maximum compensation for victims of medical negligence. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
A Winning Medical Provider Negligence Team in Tampa
Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys is a team of seasoned personal injury lawyers with years of experience winning medical negligence cases in Tampa. Personal injury law is all we practice, and we want to win! We have successfully represented numerous victims of medical negligence, securing millions of dollars in compensation.
Our Tampa offices are at 2503 West Swann Avenue. We take pride in being a part of the Tampa community, and we enjoy an unmatched reputation as a team of lawyers who understand local courts and know how to win the most challenging medical negligence cases.
We are never afraid to stand up to the area’s largest health systems or insurance companies, and we have a successful track record to show for it.
Am I the Victim of Medical Negligence in Tampa?
Not all adverse health outcomes result from medical provider negligence. Medicine is not an exact science; even the most skilled providers can’t always guarantee positive results. There are situations, though, where poor outcomes occur because of avoidable mistakes or care that falls below the standard you have the right to expect.
Medical provider negligence is not always apparent to the untrained eye. Many victims only realize something might have gone wrong when their health does not improve or they suffer unexpected complications.
These signs may indicate medical provider negligence:
- Unexpected, fierce, or prolonged pain following a medical procedure.
- Worsening or no improvement of your condition despite treatment.
- A surprising diagnosis of a serious injury or illness from a doctor you see regularly.
- Complications or side effects of which you had no warning.
- Medical staff avoiding questions, providing vague answers about your care, or making it difficult for you to obtain your medical records.
This is not a complete list, so listen to your instincts. If something feels off about the care you or a loved one has received, do not hesitate to contact Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys. We can quickly assess the situation and determine if you have a medical negligence claim against a Tampa provider.
Compensation in Tampa for Medical Provider Negligence
Under Florida law, if you or someone close to you suffers harm resulting from medical provider negligence, you have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault provider and their liability insurance coverage. Multiple providers—such as a doctor and the Tampa hospital where you received care—could simultaneously owe you damages, and you could pursue payment from all of them.
The compensation you may receive after suffering harm because of medical provider negligence spans a wide range of physical, emotional, and financial injuries.
You could claim payment for your:
- Current and future medical bills relating to your injury.
- Lost income and benefits if your injury leads to any work absences.
- Lost earning capacity if the negligence leads to disability.
- Costs resulting from rehabilitation or physical therapy.
- Expenses relating to home or lifestyle modifications your injury necessitates.
- Physical pain and emotional distress.
- Diminished quality of life.
- Loss of independence.
- Scarring, disfigurement, or loss of bodily function.
In tragic cases where medical provider negligence leads to wrongful death in Tampa, the victim’s surviving spouse or family members may pursue a claim for damages that include:
- Final medical expenses.
- Funeral and burial costs.
- Loss of future income the deceased would have provided.
- Loss of love, companionship, comfort, and guidance.
- Emotional distress.
Every case of medical provider negligence in Tampa is unique, and the compensation courts award varies from case to case. Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys can assess your situation and evaluate the potential compensation you could claim. Contact us today.
Fernandez Firm Fights Insurance Companies for You
Insurance is significant in most medical provider negligence cases, though securing payment from insurers for the harm you have suffered is rarely straightforward. Your insurance might cover certain expenses, but typically, the medical provider’s liability insurance should cover most, if not all, of your damages.
Substantial amounts of money can be at stake, so insurance companies often employ tactics to avoid paying the compensation you deserve. They may deny claims, delay processing, underpay benefits, or even try to blame you for your health complications.
They may also try to pressure you into granting them unwarranted access to your medical records or answering an aggressive insurance adjuster’s questions in a recorded interview they can use your responses against you in court.
Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys spares you the difficulty of contending with insurance companies in the aftermath of Tampa medical provider negligence. We can handle all insurance matters on your behalf. We can investigate your claim, gather the evidence, prepare paperwork, negotiate settlements, and take insurance companies to court, if necessary, to ensure that they pay you what they owe.
With a medical provider negligence lawyer from Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys taking care of your claim, you can focus your time and energy on improving your health and safeguarding your well-being.
Why You Need an Experienced Medical Provider Negligence Attorney
Tampa medical provider negligence cases are complex, far more so than ordinary personal injury claims involving car accidents or slips and falls. Lawyers who handle them must deeply understand Florida law and the medical science, practices, and protocols relevant to the harm you have suffered because of substandard care.
Lawyers for injured patients must also comply with the complex procedures Florida law establishes for pursuing claims against Tampa-area medical providers.
These procedures include:
- A pre-suit investigation to determine if reasonable grounds exist to believe a medical provider’s negligence caused your injuries.
- The obtaining of a written opinion from a medical expert corroborating these reasonable grounds.
- The notification of each healthcare provider of your intent to initiate a medical provider negligence claim.
- Pre-suit discovery (exchange of information) between you and the medical provider(s).
- Mandatory mediation of your claim.
- The right of one party to request arbitration and potential consequences for the other party if they refuse to consent.
A single slip-up in taking these and other steps in a Tampa medical provider negligence case can doom your otherwise valid claim. So you should only entrust your case to a law firm with significant experience handling claims like yours and a track record of success on behalf of patients like you.
Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys is that kind of firm.
Hiring a Tampa Medical Provider Negligence Lawyer Is Affordable
At Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys, we value your time and aim to ensure you make an educated choice for your litigation needs. As part of this commitment, we offer a free consultation to discuss your case’s details, answer your queries, and provide an initial assessment on how to proceed. You do not have to worry about any upfront costs; we want you to focus more on understanding your rights and the possible outcomes of your case.
We understand that medical provider negligence can foist financial challenges on you. Many people in your situation feel the financial strain from soaring medical bills and lost income.
To ease your burden, our Tampa lawyers work on a contingency fee basis: You only pay us if we win your case and recover your compensation. Our goal is to ensure that every victim of medical negligence in Tampa has access to high-quality legal representation, regardless of their financial capabilities.
Follow These Tips and Protect Your Rights
Here are some tips to protect your rights and increase your chances of obtaining maximum compensation after medical negligence in Tampa:
- Focus on healing: Regaining your health is priority number one, which may involve seeking treatment from a new provider to resolve negligence-related issues and prevent further complications. Sticking to your treatment plan during this time can play a critical role in protecting the value of your claim.
- Do not accept a quick settlement offer: Liability insurance companies sometimes attempt to avoid significant financial liability for a provider’s negligence by offering you a quick, low settlement. Do not accept this offer without speaking with an experienced medical negligence attorney. A skilled lawyer negotiating on your behalf can attain far more than the insurance company offers.
- Hire a lawyer as soon as possible: Time is essential when dealing with medical provider negligence cases. Florida law imposes strict deadlines for initiating legal action. The evidence necessary for proving your case might become less accessible. Hiring a lawyer as soon as you suspect medical negligence can ensure the timely progression of your case, the preservation of all relevant evidence, and the protection of your rights.
Contact an Experienced Tampa Medical Provider Negligence Lawyer Today
If you or someone close to you has recently suffered an injury, illness, health complication, or other adverse medical event after seeking care from a Tampa healthcare provider, you may recover significant compensation. To learn more, contact a medical malpractice lawyer for your free consultation.
The Fernandez Firm – Tampa Office
2503 W Swann Ave #100,
Tampa, FL 33609
Phone: (813) 278-1032