Florida Car Accident
Your Printable Free Guide
IMMEDIATE ACTIONS: The National Highway Safety Council recommends that you take the following actions if you are involved in a car accident:
- Stop your vehicle and, when safe, clear and if legal, move the car out of the traveled roadway. (In some states, it is against the law to move the vehicle from the place where the auto accident occurred. When in doubt, leave it where it is.)
- Turn off the ignition of all cars involved.
- Check on all people involved in the Florida car accident to see if there are injuries and the seriousness of the injuries.
- Immediately call the police to request that they come to the scene to investigate the car accident, and if necessary, emergency medical services.
- Mark the scene of the car accident with flares or reflective triangles.
- Gather the names, addresses and phone numbers of all people in the vehicles and people who witnessed the car accident.
- Using your cellular phone, take photographs of the scene and all vehicles involved showing the vehicles’ directions of travel and lanes. Photograph all property damage, vehicle debris and skid marks in the roadway and record the date, time and weather conditions.
- Ask the other driver for their Florida driver’s license and write down the number and their address and date of birth.
- Exchange insurance company information and write down the other driver’s insurance information, policy number and company phone number.
- Do not discuss “injuries” or “fault” or make statements about the auto accident to anyone at the scene except for the police.
- Get a copy of the accident report from local law enforcement officials.
Please seek immediate medical treatment following a Florida car accident at a local walk-in clinic or hospital and advise the treating health care provider of all related aches, pains and complaints. If you don’t seek medical care, within 14 days of your Florida car accident, you lose thousands of dollars in insurance coverage you paid for, even if you are not a fault!
If you have legal questions, contact at the Fernandez Firm to discuss your rights and determine your legal options at 1-800-222-8163.
Free Auto Injury Case Evaluations
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Tampa, Florida, contact our office at 1-800-222-8163. Our team is available 24/7 to discuss you case.
At the Fernandez Firm, we don’t get paid unless we win and …We Want to Win!