Sarasota Slip & Fall Attorneys
Potholes, broken or elevated walkways or pavement, defectively designed stairs and many other dangerous conditions can cause avoidable slips and falls leading to serious injuries, long-term disabilities and even death. In Sarasota, if a landowner fails to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition or warn visitors of dangerous conditions they may be responsible for the harm done. When falls are the result of a negligent property owner, our Sarasota slip & fall attorneys are here to help.
For over two decades, the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys has been assisting those injured in slip/trip and falls. Over that time, our Sarasota slip and fall attorneys have obtained more than $90 million in settlements and verdicts, compensating our clients for their injuries and helping them recover their damages and move on with their lives. To learn if you can make a claim for your fall and resulting personal injuries and expenses, contact our Sarasota office today at 1-800-222-8163.
At the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys, your consultation is free. We only get paid when we win.
Common Trip and Fall Causes
There are many factors and dangerous conditions which can result in a serious slip and fall, including but not limited to, the following:
- A liquid, foreign object or substance decreasing the traction of those standing or walking;
- The health of the person/difficulty standing or walking;
- The victim being accidently bumped or shoved by another;
- Lighting or visibility in the area;
- Maintenance of the walking surface;
- Design or engineering of the area; and,
While not all falls are the result of negligence, the owner’s knowledge of hazards and maintenance of the area are a key factor in our investigation of such injuries. For example: a business owner may know of a dangerous situation on a floor (such as a spilled substance) but fails to take prompt action to clean the area or prevent a fall; a public area may not drain well or be well lit; retail business walkway may become slick when wet, making its selection (over another type of flooring offering better traction) improper.
Typical Slip and Fall Injuries
Injuries caused by a slip/trip and fall accidents vary widely and are dependent upon how the accident occurred; how and where the person landed; and the age/health of the victim, with elderly or disabled individuals are more likely to suffer falls and be more prone to suffer serious injuries.
Fall injuries can range from minor to fatal, including:
- Pulled muscles and stretched tendons: caused when the victim tenses their muscles and twists to try to lessen the harm.
- Sprained and broken wrists and ankles: caused by the victim trying to catch themselves during the fall.
- Fractured collar bones: usually caused by forward falls.
- Tailbone bruises or fractures: usually caused by a backwards fall;
- Spinal cord injuries: caused by the force of the fall/energy being focused on the spine. Such force may cause vertebrae to chip, nerves to become damaged and permanent spinal cord injury. This could cause neurological problems, including temporary or permanent paralysis.
- Head and brain injuries: caused by whiplash, neck injuries, a concussion, skull fractures, bruising and brain damage.
Sarasota Slip & Fall – Call Today!
Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys slip/trip and fall attorneys litigate premises liability cases in Sarasota and across Florida. If you have questions about your rights to compensation for your injuries and want learn if you have a valid claim, contact an experienced Sarasota slip and fall attorney at our firm today at 1-800-222-8163.
Do not try to handle this yourself with an insurance company and risk saying something damaging about your case or signing documents that could end your rights. Our dedicated team of professionals is here to provide you with legal assistance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and your consultation is absolutely FREE.
At the Fernandez Firm Accident Injury Attorneys, we do not get paid unless we win…and we want to win!