St Petersburg Slip & Fall Attorneys
Slips and falls are common occurrences in St. Petersburg, Florida. While most of us only end up with bumps and bruises, get up and keep going, that does not happen all the time. Sometimes slips and falls cause serious injuries leading to chronic pain and life-long physical limitations. Yet many personal injury attorneys are inexperienced, do not handle or have never been to jury trial on a slip and fall case.
At the Fernandez Firm, our lawyers have been representing those injured in slip and fall accidents for over twenty years. Our clients have been awarded more than $90 million in settlements and jury verdicts, many of whom suffered significant injuries in slip or trip and fall accidents. Whether you suffer a fall down a stairway in an apartment complex or trip in a pothole or on a raised concrete walking surface, our St. Petersburg slip & fall attorneys are always available to help.
Hire Experienced Slip & Fall Attorneys
Contact our office for honest opinion about whether you have a valid slip and fall claim. Our attorneys will immediately evaluate your case and investigate the facts to determine a fair value for your personal injuries and damages. We will make sure you receive appropriate medical care and reimbursement for all medical expenses, wage loss and compensation your entitled to recover under the law.
To learn your legal options call 1-800-222-8163 or, for an immediate response, submit a Free Case Review.
Injuries Caused By Falls
Each year, slips/trips and falls are one of the top causes of accidental personal injury in the United States. Some of the more common slip and fall injuries include the following:
- Sprains and Fractures: Sudden slipping and falling can result in a twisted a knee or ankle. Landing on a hard surface can result in broken bones. Reaching out to cushion a fall could cause bones in the hand and wrist to break. There can also be fractures of the forearm, leg, ankle and upper arm. The older the person the more likely a slip and fall will fracture bones.
- Hip Fractures, Wrist Fractures and Ankle Fractures: Many hip, wrist and ankle fractures are caused by falls. Such a break normally requires surgery and hospitalization followed by admission to a rehabilitation center. Many older hip fracture patients die within a year of the injury and thus these are considered serious injuries.
- Shoulder Injuries: The trauma to a shoulder due to a fall can result in a shoulder dislocation or a “brachial plexus injury.” The brachial plexus is a network of nerves joining the spinal cord to the shoulder, arm and hand. These nerves may be stretched or torn if a fall forces the shoulder down while the head is pushed up and away from it.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: Falls can damage vertebrae or cause slipped or herniated discs in the spinal column. This can result in serious pain and limited mobility. A spinal cord injury may cause varying degrees of paralysis, including total loss of function or sensation in affected parts of the body.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Falls are a frequent cause of traumatic brain injury (TBI). A TBI could be the result of a concussion that takes weeks or months to resolve. It could also result in a more severe injury causing cognitive impairment, mood changes and seizures.
Do I Have a Slip & Fall Case?
Before filing a slip and fall negligence action in Florida, those injured must show that the property or business owner failed to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition and knew or should have known about the hazard but failed to correct it or warn the injured victim. Simply showing there was something hazardous on the floor, in parking lot or on a sidewalk, will not be enough to succeed. You must establish that the negligent condition existed for enough time to place the owner on notice.
Acquiring evidence to build a solid case is critical to your success. Immediately photograph the area where you slipped and fell. If others were with you or witnessed your fall, make sure you speak to them, obtain their name and telephone number and ask what they remember seeing at the time of the accident. Eye witnesses may be very important in proving your case. After you notify the property owner or manager of your fall, note their response and whether they mention any prior complaints or if the fall area was a frequent problem.
St. Petersburg Slip and Fall – Call Today!
At the Fernandez Firm, our slip and fall attorneys handle cases in St. Petersburg and throughout Florida. If a property owner failed to adequately maintain their property, failed to make necessary repairs, failed to post warning signs or inspect the property to determine if potential hazards existed and you suffered a resulting injury, our lawyers will work tirelessly help you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you have questions about your right to compensation for injuries caused by a slip and fall and want to learn if you may have a valid claim, contact our firm today at 1-800-222-8163. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and the consultation is free.
At the Fernandez Firm, we don’t get paid unless you Win!