Experienced Lakeland Burn Injury Attorneys
Burns account for over 486,000 injuries and 3,240 deaths each year in the United States. Further, recent studies show that almost 71 percent of burn injuries are the direct result of avoidable accidents. At the Fernandez Firm, our Lakeland burn injury attorneys have been working with injured victims for more than twenty years. We understand that the trauma and pain suffered due to the initial injury are followed by months or, in cases of severe burns, years of expensive, painful medical treatment, multiple surgeries, rehabilitation and physical therapy. In some cases, the cost of care and treatment can easily exceed $1 million.
If you or a loved one are involved in an accident and suffer a burn injury, it is very important you select an attorney with experience in the field so you can focus on your recovery while we monitor your treatment and pursue full compensation for your medical bills, wage loss and other damages. Let our extensive financial resources and knowledge of the law help you. Contact our Lakeland today, the consultation is free or complete our case evaluation form.
- What Can I Win in Lawsuit?
Causes of Lakeland Burn Injuries
There are many causes of negligent burn injuries, but some of the more common include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Laser Hair Removal
- Cosmetic Laser Procedures
- Electrical Burns
- Building Fires
- Chemical Burns
- Workplace Accidents
- Defective Products
- Plane and Helicopter Accidents
The burn injury attorneys at the Fernandez Firm have devoted more than 20 years to obtaining the maximum compensation possible for individuals injured through the negligence, recklessness or carelessness. They are experienced in all areas of personal injury law to take on the party responsible for your burn injuries and get you the compensation you need to recover from your injuries, regardless of how the accident happened.
Burn Injury Classification
Health care and medical professionals classify burns into three categories:
- First-Degree Burns: These burns cause damage to only the top layer of skin and are considered to be the least severe category. First-degree burns may or may not require medical treatment.
- Second-Degree Burns: Damage to the first and second layers of skin are classified as second-degree burns and could cause blistering of the affected area. Due to the nature and severity of these burn injuries, they frequently ongoing medical care and treatment.
- Third-Degree Burns: Damage to all layers of skin is the most common characteristic of this classification of burn injury, but it can also include damage to muscles, bones and tendons. Treatment for third-degree burns often requires multiple surgeries and skin grafts.
Burns can also affect the lungs and airways requiring breathing assistance. In the most severe cases, third-degree burns can result in an injured victim’s wrongful death.
Contact a Lakeland Burn Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury in Lakeland Florida, you may be entitled to compensation. Let the burn attorneys at the Fernandez Firm review the facts and circumstances under which you were injured. The call is absolutely free, we don’t get paid unless you win.
Please contact our law firm today at 1(800) 222-8163 to schedule a free case evaluation.
100 S. Kentucky Avenue, Suite 285
Lakeland, Florida, 33801